Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

journey again..

These days before going to sleep,i get retrospective into my life to see whether i can sift through the years and get something to laugh about,something original that has happened which tickle me still.
Last night,I happened to travel down my memory lane about 20 years and reached,my last year in school,12th standard.That is the year when all extracurricular activies come to an end and all of us bunch together in classroom with our books and the only active organ in the body becomes that grey substance called brain.Whatever we couldn't complete in the normal study hours in school we were taught on holidays..and that was a fun time,mainly because of a solitary reason,we get respite from our monotonous uniforms and can see some colours around.
well! this particular 'extra clas's,i believe physics, was on a second saturday, and the day before ,we boys (9 in strength out of 18,a good ratio to have) dfecided to wear 'mundu' for the day,maybe the first time most of us would try,and wouldn't reveal the same to girls,so that we throw a surprise.
As planned I arrived on time, much before the schedule start,but i couldnt see anyone outside the main gate,which was the actual practice to welcome girls.An unknown fear crept into me,for suddenly i could feel something wrong.I walked along the corridor with weary steps to our classroom at the end of the building,it was a long walk,when i reached the classroom before ours, i saw my mates appearing from inside and my fear became a reality,noone was wearing 'mundu'.
shocked ,more at the insult of being cheated after taken into confidence, rather than the ignonimy of holding pensively at one end of the cloth and holding my bag with the other hand.
Then started the real fun,they had collected a type of fruit or seed from the tree in front of our classroom,which when pressed at the swollen belly would flush out a stinking,sticky liquid.they all got hold of me, lifted my silly clothing and pumped in the liquid,wetting my 'underside'.I was completly overpowered and helpless,the commotion brought the girls outside and some of them giggled in delight,while many others sighed in sympathy.
Unfortunately,it didnt end there,during the whole period in the class, they were having fun.End of the day,when i reached home, my whole clothing was stained and stinking.

Even though,it was an embarassing day for me then, today i could see the funny side of it and laugh a lot.Oh! how much I miss my school days and my friends..
'yaade..yaade ...bas yaade rah jaathi hai'...
chotti.. ye meetti, baathe rah jaathi hai
..'.

No comments:

Post a Comment